Custom Desktop Folders

Ray ray at linkit.com
Thu Apr 16 17:00:29 EDT 2015

Klaus - thanks for the idea.  Just to check my method of concatenation,
the exact command I'm using is:
       get shell("attrib -HSA "&desktopIniPath&"")   -- where
desktopIniPath is the path to the file

It doesn't work and I see no change in the file's Attributes, Type or
Size.  Livecode returns nothing in the result.

Several other oddities I've neglected to mention; if I manually set a
folder's icon (in the Properties window) I can then get Livecode to work
as expected as long as I delete the folder I manually set and re-create
it in Livecode (same name, same path).  Seems like something's going on
with the registry.  Also, after creating the desktop.ini file from
within Livecode I can /see /the file on the desktop even though I've got
"Don't show hidden files, folder or drives" checked in Folder Options.
If the system creates the desktop.ini file it's hidden.