Why can't LC do what PencilCase does?

Frank frankdmartinez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:19:45 EDT 2015

"so that they don't have to do what Big Brother Apple [slightly ironic
considering their '1984' advert] tells them they can and cannot do with
something they own" -- Uh, not to burst Your bubble but Apple doesn't tell
People what "they can and cannot do with something they own"; Apple only
says, "If You do 'A', 'B', or 'C', We will not provide support for Your
device."

On 15 April 2015 at 04:43, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/04/15 18:56, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  If they can do it, shouldn't LC be able to as well? Or is there something
>>> I'm not thinking of?
>>>
>>>  How are they getting past Apple's ban on downloading code???
>>

> Why are so many people scared of spending 15 minutes jail-breaking their
> iPad so that they
> don't have to do what Big Brother Apple [slightly ironic considering their
> '1984' advert] tells
> them they can and cannot do with something they own?
>
> Next thing will be when some company says I cannot use toilet tissue for
> cleaning my spectacles,
> and, maybe, even gets me to sign a EULA to that effect.
>
> The whole thing with the iPad stinks to high heaven of restrictive
> practises.
>
> So, the more ways there are of getting past Apple's ban the better.
>
> Richmond.

P.S.: I prefer to be reached on BitMessage at
BM-2D8txNiU7b84d2tgqvJQdgBog6A69oDAx6