Bug [15118] native scroller

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 14 12:49:29 EDT 2015

On 4/14/2015 11:23 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Is this obsolete?
> <http://lessons.runrev.com/m/4069/l/94412-creating-a-native-scroller-to-scroll-a-field>
>

> Does the LC field object take on the appropriate scrolling behavior when
> rendered on mobile?
>
> Are there other cases where we don't really need to write the same lines
> of code over and over to instantiate every object as a mobile control
> that the docs suggest we do?

The concept is that the content rect has to be larger than the visible
area. One way to do that is to set the field height/width the same as
its formattedHeight/width and then group it to provide a smaller viewing
area.

The other way is to set the content rect of the native scroller to the
formattedrect of the field, and lock the visible field rect at a smaller
size. You can still set the scroll of the field regardless of how much
is visible at any time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com