Database error?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 10 21:14:35 EDT 2015

On 4/10/2015 7:03 PM, Ralph DiMola wrote:
> The MySQL DB option in revOpenDatabase supports SSL encryption. This will
> work if:
>
> 1) SSL is enabled on the MySQL server.
> 2) The servers firewall opens the appropriate ports.
> 3) SSL certificate is installed on the server.
> 4) revOpenDatabase SSL parameter is "true".
> 5) Encryption externals are checked in the standalone settings.

Thanks. We aren't likely to purchase an SSL certificate for data like
this. I was just wondering what harm, if any, could be done if someone
did manage to get in. If they want to munge up the data it wouldn't
really be much more than annoying. I was more concerned about whether
the server itself could be breached somehow.

We aren't using the account credetials, they're unique to the database,
so that isn't a concern. I'm not quite sure what Pete meant by using the
variable name option in the rev database functions though. (I am so not
a database person.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com