Release 6.7.4 Stable / 7.0.4 Stable

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:41:43 EDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 4:27 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So, I will assume that EVERY SINGLE RELEASE of LiveCode after 4.0 is
> "Beta", "Bugged" or whatever,
> as a broken capability has never been fixed.
>
> ---------------
>
> I have always thought that the idea of releasing new versions of software
> was to improve on earlier versions.
>
> And by "improving" I don't mean ignoring the fact that while you have
> improved your thing in one area you have
> broken something else.
>
> Guess I must be wrong.

And *I* didn't write this!

:)

But it is definitely a recurrent theme of mine.

However, I have never had a problem pasting formatted text back and forth
between the editor and LibreOffice on mac & windows.

I think that the rock-stable versions are called "HyperCard 2.0" and
"Supercard 1.5"

:)

What I *really* don't get is why the stacks are still monolithic, rather
than something upon which  we can  use normal revision control,
patching,etc. (says the guy who used diff & patch on his doctoral
dissertation when stranded for three days with a broken transmission, a
laptop, and a not-quite up to date version)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462