Database error?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Apr 9 14:58:54 EDT 2015

Shawn, when I create a database from my cPanel, I am NOT asked to set a password for it. I am asked for a password for each user, and I am beginning to understand that users can be attached to one or more databases, and presumably this is how databases are controlled. But I emphatically have not seen a dialog or a field asking me for a password for the database itself. As I can’t put attachments on this list, i have simply made the test again (log in to cPanel, go to ‘mySQL databases’, click on ‘create database’ - the name had to begin with my On-Rev name and an underscore), and I confirm that the database is created with no password anywhere. I know that the Joomla database connection process thinks that my database has a password, but the only passwords I have are for the users and the cPanel itself.

Puzzled

Graham

PS  I have asked lots of questions about this and have now received lots of answers, which I’m working through. I promise to report all my results to this list and to the people who helped me off-list as well. I really do appreciate all the help I’m getting.