Release 6.7.4 Stable / 7.0.4 Stable

sebastien sebastien.nouat at livecode.com
Thu Apr 9 13:36:29 EDT 2015

On 09/04/2015 18:05, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> John Dixon wrote:
>
>> How can you say this is a stable release ?
>
> It would be helpful if the core dev team would help us understand the
> release process with regard to critical outstanding issues.
Our view on the promotion of 6.7.4 and 7.0.4 as Stable versions is to
let users who only use the stable releases, to get over the
impossibility to use Xcode 6.2 to build iOS, standalone applications.

We are aware of the critical issues reported through BugZilla, and
several members of the core team are fully devoted to fixing them. As
some of you may know, as developers, fixing bugs is usually a long task.
Be sure that we are doing our best to reduce the impact of the deep
changes we operated on the 8 LiveCode engines (2 mobile, 3 desktop and 3
server platforms) over the last 2 years.
> As much as we appreciate the steady stream of new builds, the feedback
> I see throughout the community is that we'd very much prefer longer RC
> periods in favor of fewer "Stable" releases that address a larger
> number of critical issues.

We also listen to the community; thank you Richard for your feedback
over the RC length.
6.7.5 and 7.0.5 will most likely stay longer at an RC state, to build up
a LiveCode version more wildly considered as stable by the community
(unless Apple's update to Xcode 6.3 eventually requires another release
for the widest public).

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team