[BUG] revCopyFile

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:31:41 EDT 2015

When using revCopyFile on OS X I keep getting the result: execution error

The good news is that there is NO error, the file is copying just nicely
and arrives intact. The bad news is obviously I can't programmatically
check that the Copy was successful.

The cause seems to be the length of the copy; I'm copying files that
normally indicate they'll take 6 - 30+ min. In my script I check the result
and pop up a Warning if there is an error, about 2 min into the Copy
process my Warning pops up. But the Finder Copy window still shows the copy
progressing nicely.

I've tested this on using both External HDs and Network HDs on:
PPC OS X 10.5.8 LC 6.6.3
Intel OS X 10.9.5 LC 7.0.4 rc3

Again, I can't believe I'm the first person to copy a large file with LC,
but before I go ahead and report this (along with the revDeleteFolder bug)
I was just wondering if anyone was aware of some feature to extend the time
before LC reported the Copy as failing.

Might have to look at a shell command as a workaround.