HTML5 Export and Javascript

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 5 11:29:51 EDT 2015

Roger Eller wrote:

 > vOn Apr 5, 2015 7:42 AM, "David Bovill" wrote:
 >
 >> Anyone have any thoughts on how an HTML5+Javascript exported Livecode
 >> application would / could interface with the rest of the Javascript
 >> world?
 >
 > I'm not sure if it will even be possible; it was certainly never their
 > intent.

Why not?

RevBrowser lets us integrate with JS; why not provide ways of letting JS
integrate with LC inside the browser?

It would seem horribly limited if everything LC/HTML delivered were
effectively self-jailed, but I'd wager that's not the plan.  On the
desktop we have support for file I/O, AppleScript, Win Registry, shell,
and many other means of communicating with the host system.  I can't
imagine we'd have anything less when the host system is a browser, and
that would mean bi-directional JS.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems