Please recommend a text editor

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Sun Apr 5 07:20:33 EDT 2015

On 2015-04-04 15:52, Shawn Beagle wrote:
> I’ve used TextWrangler, TextEdit, WebStorm, Coda2, Sublime Text2 & 3,
> Brackets, and now use Atom.  I prefer Atom, mainly because of the
> packets manager, and that it’s open source.

I'm currently using Atom on OS X.

On all other platforms I use GNU Emacs, the one editor to rule them all,
the ultimate editor, the true choice of Real Programmers, etc. etc.
I've even got a syntax highlighting mode for LiveCode Builder at
https://github.com/runrev/livecode/blob/develop/contrib/emacs/livecode-mode.el,
but it's a little out of date with the most recent changes to the LCB
language.  If you're interested in playing with it, please nag me to
update it on Wednesday when I get back into the office.

                                   Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Engine Development Team