ABC of arrays

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:19:09 EDT 2015

Graham,

I think one of the things that is confusing you as you are trying to
learn arrays is the fact that you are looking at output created by
ConvertXMLToArray.   ConvertXMLToArray is working as designed, but it
just happens to create key in a syntax that looks like a livecode array
reference.    LiveCode keys are just strings, so ConvertXMLToArray is
adding a open bracket, a counter, and a close bracket when it sees
multiples of a xml tag, to make it unique within the array.

This makes perfect sense technically but I can see where it could really
confuse someone trying to figure out livecode arrays.

-= Mike