Replacing Characters

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 02:19:38 EDT 2014

Assuming tBigList contains your data and it is a tab separated list.

set the itemDelimiter to tab
repeat for each item tSearchThis in tBigList
if (char 3 of tSearchThis = "D") then
   put "+" into char 3 of tSearchThis
end if
put tSearchThis & tab after tNewList
end repeat
--remove the trailing tab
put word 1 to -1 of tNewList into tNewList
set the itemDelimiter to comma

tNewList should now be your corrected list

HTH