Using Livecode to burn DVDs on demand?

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Fri Sep 26 23:35:47 EDT 2014

Thanks Thierry, Richard and Simon,

Our programs are all in 'raw' Video_TS/Audio_TS folders, so first
I had to make .iso images from those. That took the most
tinkering with in order to get a DVD that would play in both a
computer and DVD deck. For posterity, here is the Terminal
command that worked (I'm on OSX).
hdiutil makehybrid -joliet -iso -udf -udf-volume-name
DVDLABELNAME -o /path/to/newISOname.iso
/path/to/folder_that_contain_Video_TS

(the -joliet and -iso switches were needed to get the DVD burned
from the newly created .iso to play in a deck)

Once the .iso is created, from Livecode it was a simple

    put shell("hdiutil burn /path/to/newISOname.iso")

The success (or failure) messages from hdiutil end up in the
message box. (And of course you can put the path to the .iso in a
variable as well.)

Thanks for the help!

Tim