getting a section cross-platform without utf

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 21:36:23 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Terry Judd <terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au>
wrote:

> It¹s numToChar(164) on a Mac and numToChar(167) on Windows.

Ahh, the infamous window's curly-apostrophe . . . in grad school I had an
ISN line (no, not IDSN; 9600 baud ISN).  That apostrophe is a ^S with bit 7
high.  It would hang my line until I did a hard-reset of the hardware, or
got a ^Q.  Ultimately, I wrote a script that hiccuped a ^Q every five
seconds or so.

Anyway, I'm trying to make strings in fields that will work on either
platform; legal blurbs tend to use section marks a *lot*

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462