AW: How to create an OS X 10.9 alias by script?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Sep 25 08:23:33 EDT 2014

On 9/25/2014 5:29 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> your scripts works really great!
> When restarting the Dock, all open applications, which has been minimized
> open their windows, which can be a little irritating for the user.
> Do you know, if there is any option to control this? To show the new dock
> item, without changing the state of other open apps?
> Thanks
> Tiemo

You might try this
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/64307/alternative-to-additemtodock-from-henri-shustak
It is an AppleScript that executes the same 'defaults write...' I do
with the new dock item alias, but tells the dock to quit before the
write and then startup after the write. A proper dock exit and restart
(vs killing the process) may do a better job of preserving the dock
state. Use the 'do <statements> as applescript' command to execute it
(see the 'do' entry in the dictionary)

I'm sorry I don't have time myself at the moment to try it. If you d and
it works better, please let me know.