Install over previous version

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 24 01:16:14 EDT 2014

There really needs to be a way to install over an old version. I get tired
of having to go into Control Panel (Windows) to uninstall the previous
one. And since I keep a link to the User Guide on my desktop, I'd rather
keep installing into the same old directory, instead of a different one
each time.

Also, it would  be nice if it asked where in the Start Menu to put its
link. And whatever I choose should be instead of RunRev, not a prefix to
it, since there's no need for a separate folder if it's only got one thing
in it.

I've also proved to my satisfaction that the choices of which updates to
be notified of do not persist after LiveCode is closed and reopened.
That's a bug.

And I expect someone's already mentioned it, but in case they haven't, I
just installed 6.6.3 but Help->About and the title bar say 6.6.2. This is
a "stable" release, isn't it?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com