searching for chars within a string

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Tue Sep 23 20:22:00 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have done a lot research and cannot find any way to do this:

I have a string, "AELPP" and I want to see if all 5 of those letters are in "search string"

If search string is:  ABCDEKLP,   then NO it isn't because there are two P's in the string I'm searching for.

But if search string is:  ABCDEKLLLMMOOPP, then YES the string I'm searching for is found in the search string.

It is important to my program that I just find the 5 chars anywhere within the search string and they do not have to be sequential in the search string.

Thanks for any help,
Larry