mobilepick as a live list

Gerry gerry.orkin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 01:43:59 EDT 2014

Mike Kerner wrote:

> Ooh.  I didn't think of that.  So just make the DG visible?  How do you
> disable all the other controls while the DG is up?

In my case it's already visible (and it's not really being used as a pick list in the traditional sense) - it's a scrolling list of items on the left side of the iPad screen that the user can search and select (see https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67170/dynamicList.jpg).

The user enters search terms into the native text control above the data grid and it does a dynamic live search for records that match the entered text.

If I needed to hide and show it and to disable all the other controls I might group all the elements with a full screen rectangle graphic at the back of the group and make the rectangle opaque but set it's blend to 100 - that way touches anywhere behind the group wouldn't get through.

Gerry