replaceText() not working as expected for multiple lines

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Sun Sep 21 00:11:31 EDT 2014

The explanation of ^ that I found states, "The ^ (circumflex or caret) outside square brackets means look only at the beginning of the target string.", so the way I see it, if it's only looking at the beginning it's not going to repeat through the rest of the lines, so you could use a repeat loop (tested and it works) or just don't use the ^.

If I put…

/Users/hawk/bk_clients/blue aardvark/blue_aardvark____001.dhbk
/Users/hawk/bk_clients/pink panther/pink_panther_____001.dhbk
/Users/hawk/bk_clients/super chicken/super_chicken____005.dhbk
/Users/hawk/bk_clients/test5/test5____________001.dhbk

…into a variable tVar and use…

   put replaceText(tVar,"/Users/hawk/bk_clients/",empty) into tVarOut

…then tVarOut contains:

blue aardvark/blue_aardvark____001.dhbk
pink panther/pink_panther_____001.dhbk
super chicken/super_chicken____005.dhbk
test5/test5____________001.dhbk

or simply…

   replace "/Users/hawk/bk_clients/" with empty in tVar

…then tVar contains:

blue aardvark/blue_aardvark____001.dhbk
pink panther/pink_panther_____001.dhbk
super chicken/super_chicken____005.dhbk
test5/test5____________001.dhbk

I know replaceText can use regex, but as far as I can see in this case you are just removing a specific string…

…Or am I missing some point again?

Paul