AW: LiveCode Commercial License

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Sep 19 03:19:03 EDT 2014

Is the validation of your LiveCode license checked online against runrevs
database when launching LC, or is the expiration date of your license stored
locally? Will LiveCode also stop working when being offline, if your license
has expired?
Does anybody know, how the LiveCode licensing system actually works?
Tiemo

Auftrag
> von Kay C Lan
> Gesendet: Freitag, 19. September 2014 05:46
> An: How to use LiveCode
> Betreff: Re: LiveCode Commercial License
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 5:06 AM, JB <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:
>
> > People value their software and the programming tools they spend time
> > using to make it.
> >
> > What if for some reason or another LiveCode went out of business.
>
> If I remember correctly JB you are on Mac, so maybe a better question
would be
> what happens if you go out of business.
>
> If an architectural firm buys 20 Mac Pros + 20 Thunderbolt Display + 20
copies
> of AutoCAD LT which currently run at U$899.99 a pop, and tomorrow that
> business went bust how much is that U$18,000 software purchase worth...
$0*.