Sorting lines on colour (color for some)

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Sep 18 13:54:47 EDT 2014

I thought this would work:

sort lines of field X by the backgroundcolor of each

... but it doesn't.  I'm guessing because the lines go into some sort of
internal variable to be sorted at which point they lose their
backgroundcolor property.

Here's a handler that does it, offered for improvement by others.

on mouseUp

   local tRedLines,tYellowLines,tCounter

   put zero into tCounter
   repeat for each line rLine in field "Text"
      add 1 to tCounter
      if the backgroundcolor of line tCounter of field "Text" is 255,0,0
then
         put rLine & return after tRedLines
      else
         put rLine & return after tYellowLines
      end if
   end repeat

   put tRedLines & tYellowLines into field "Text"
   set the backgroundcolor of line 1 to (the number of lines in tRedLines)
of field "Text" to "red"
   set the backgroundcolor of line (the number of lines in tRedLines)+1 to
-1 of field "Text" to "yellow"

end mouseUp

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>