HyperCard Basics

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 22:12:57 EDT 2014

Is it time for an upgrade of FreeGUI to LiveCode ? ;-)

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:03 PM, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

Interesting enough, LiveCode had more
power than all XTalk software created
before... but there are just a few of us
who actually knows how to use fully
all this power.

Some years ago, I ask in this mail list:

Where are the new Livecode learners?
Why they do not participate more in
this mail list?

This question still remains valid.

It's more easy to create a stack with
many cards, than a website...

If I had a classrom of Livecode learners
their first project would be a
Mail List Reader (download, store, bookmark
and display all messages from this mail list)

Their second project would be an interactive
and internet connected magazine (a stack)
about their favorite topic:
(sports, fashion, TV, games, etc.)

Their third project would be a version of
the game Checkers... etc, etc.

Al