Unwanted 'Pulsing' when Changing an Image's Angle

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:49:48 EDT 2014

Randy Hengst wrote
> I don't know how to totally get rid of the wobble …
> it seems like there is always a bit one one…
> but I've seen the pulsing effect when
> rotating an image with lockLoc set to true.

Yes, lockLoc produces this effect in
a rotating image. :(

Check if this handler posted by Jim Hurley
could help in your project:

On Jan 08, 2012, jim hurley posted
The script below will allow you to rotate an image about any predefined
point.

Create a button.
Create an image.
Place the button at any point relative to the image. (Perhaps use a grab me
in a mousedown handler.)
Click the button.
The image will rotate about the center of the button.
(For your application you would replace the center of rotation with the
center of mass.)

on mouseUp
   set the angle of img 1 to 0
   put the loc of me into myLoc

   --Set the coor of the rotation Pt
   put item 1 of myLoc into x0
   put item 2 of myLoc into y0

   --Get the loc of the image
   put the loc of img 1 into tLoc
   put item 1 of tLoc into xC
   put item 2 of tLoc into yC

   --Get the distance between the roation pt and the image center
   put sqrt ( (xC - x0 )^2 + (yC - y0)^2 )  into L

    --Get the angle of the line from the rotation center to the image center
   put atan2(yC-y0, xC-x0) *180/pi into phi0

   put 0 into tAngle

   repeat 360 times
      lock screen
      set the angle of img 1 to -tAngle
      put phi0 + tAngle into phi
      set the loc of img 1 to (x0 + L * cos(phi*pi/180)), (y0 + L *
sin(phi*pi/180))
      unlock screen

      add 1 to tAngle
      wait 10 millisec --or whatever
   end repeat
end mouseUp

on mouseDown
   grab me --So that you can relocate the rotation center.
end mouseDown

http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Rotate-around-Center-of-Mass-td4273701.html