Tab control background color

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 15 01:05:15 EDT 2014

On 9/13/2014, 1:15 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> It seems that if you set the background color of a tab control, it is
> somehow blended with the standard grey background (this is on OSX).
>
> Is there a way round this without having to design my own tab control?

I'm not seeing any blending, but the fill color doesn't start until just
under the tabs. That is, the whole rectangle isn't filled, only the
lower part.

I don't think there's a way around that. It used to be that the whole
thing was filled right to the corners, which weren't rounded, so the
fill color made little corners above the round-rect borders at the top
right and top left of the button. I guess the fix was to fill only the
area below the tabs. I hadn't looked at it in a long time, ever since I
decided that you couldn't sucessfully color tab buttons.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com