No WAV playback on Win in v6.6.2?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 13 12:08:07 EDT 2014

Alex Shaw wrote:
> If you just need basic playback try ffplay.
>
> https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffplay.html

Thanks, but one of the reasons we chose LiveCode for this project was
its built-in multimedia support.  :(

Looks like Dave Kilroy has the magic key:
> FYI 6.6.2 plays .wmv fine without QuickTime on Windows. Use "set the
> dontUseQT to true" in preOpenStack and then "play  videoclip tPathToFile" to
> kick it off

Thanks!

Confirmed on Mac and Win:  if you ignore the player object and use the
audioClip syntax, WAV files play fine on both Mac and Win.

Doesn't work on Linux, but for this project that's not a deal-breaker.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems