Slowdown when putting symbols into image data

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 9 18:27:08 EDT 2014

I should warn you though about the issue I had. If you use an image as a
marker it will tile across the whole graphic; that is, each marker is
not drawn individually, it is as though the whole card had that pattern
and each marker picks up only the portion of the fill pattern that would
be under that spot. So if you can create the symbols using markerpoints
instead of images, it works better. Basically that's what the list
helped me with.

Here's the thread on Nabble:
<http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Marker-image-sizes-td4681893.html#a4681900>

If you scroll down to Bernd's post (user name BNig), he provides a link
to his very cool MakeMarker utility that will help you create the
markers you need. He and Jacques Hausser's circle points saved me.