Congrats LC 7.0! You finally broke my DB!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 9 17:01:02 EDT 2014

On 9/9/2014, 3:44 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> I have narrowed down the offending code to this:
> --------
> global planDate,linNum
>   put "absolutely anything" into line linNum of card field "plan"
> --------------
> It gets 'put' alright, but card field "plan" loses all previous formatting.
> Big, big bug if it changes folks' stacks forever!

I'd report it, since 7.0 isn't supposed to introduce any unexpected
behavior.

But I'm curious if it would work if you instead do this:

   put "absolutely anything" into char 1 to -1 of line linNum of card
field "plan"

Just a guess. I know in some cases character properties are retained
where line properties aren't; for instance, backcolor.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com