Livecode Fields and USB keyboards in Android

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 09:55:30 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I have trying (without success) to use fully
an USB keyboard within a LiveCode
field inside an Android application.

What I am missing?

This is the simple application that I am using
to test Livecode commands in Android:

A stack with a button and a field.
The script of the button is:
Do field 1

That is all.

I have found many interesting features
of Android platform, (with the Screen keyboard)
just typing commands in the field and pressing
the button "Do field 1"...
(For example, Why "Ask" works as expected
but "Answer" not?)
I could open other stacks too using:
go URL ("binfile:/mnt/sdcard/Documents/test.livecode")

Exploring Android in this way is fine, but it could be
easier and faster if I could use the USB keyboard
to type in the Livecode field.

Enter key and Delete keys do not works at all and
I could not see spaces between words!

For example, this script is written (and executed)
correctly like this:
put specialfolderpath("engine") into field 1

But this script looks like this in a Livecode field:
putspecialfolderpath("engine")intofield1

By the way, an USB mouse works fine too in Android.

Thanks in advance!
Have a nice week. :D

Al