Russian submarine

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sat Sep 6 18:17:59 EDT 2014

Some people went around the Russian submarine the other night. I didn’t go because I was looking after Heather’s handbag! But I was curious about what it was like.

So, when I left yesterday I walked to the airport instead of taking a taxi. I wanted to go on the Midway tour, but unfortunately they stop letting people in at 4pm, and I got there at 4:10pm. I still did go on to the Marine Museum, where the submarine is, and looked around the various vessels there. There are two submarines, and the Russian one was the more interesting one.

I’m now curious about how well the others got on in getting through the submarine, there are several narrow portals that you have to climb through, it’s a but of a workout!

Anyway, if you too were curious about what it’s like, wonder no longer, I did a Google Glass video of my visit:

https://plus.google.com/114217638380823763773/posts/X2Bv4i11QBo

The walk to the airport ended up seeming further than the 3 miles that Google maps implies, but I’m glad I did it. There can’t be very many cities in the world where walking to the plane is a practical possibility.