Strange error uploading iOS app to Apple

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Fri Sep 5 15:26:07 EDT 2014

Has anyone experienced this before?

I wanted to try out the new TestFlight stuff through Apple today, so I tried to upload an app build but am receiving the following error from Application Loader:

Your app contains non-public API usage. Please review the errors, correct them, and resubmit your application.

The app references non-public symbols in [app_name]: MPMoviePlayerContentPreloadDidFinishNotification

As far as I know I’m not using this anywhere. The only thing I can think of is that I’m using mergNotify (Monte?) to display a message to the user when the app becomes active again after the device has been locked. Does mergNotify possibly have something in it that’s causing this? Anyone have any other ideas? The app is built with LC 6.6.2.

This app is still in beta testing, but we’re going to ready for release very soon, and I’d like to have this worked out asap.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield