Strange group behavior

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Sep 1 22:46:01 EDT 2014

I'm busy getting everything ready for the conference and that involves
setting up software on a pretty old Mac laptop running OSX 10.6.8.

One of the programs I'll be using has a handler that creates a group on a
card and the copies a control into it, all with straightforward "create
group" and "copy" commands.  The group and its controls are all created
successfully... except that none of them are visible.  Their visible
property is set to true.

I accidentally discovered that if I set the showborder property of the
group to true, it and its controls became visible and stay visible even if
I set the showborder property back to false.

This happened in LC 5.5.4 and 6.6.2.

All works fine running the same software on my Mac desktop running 10.7.4,
no need to show/hide border.

While I have a workaround, I'm wondering if anyone else has come across
this strange situation.

Needless to say, it makes me somewhat apprehensive about what other
gremlins might be lurking under the covers of old OSX versions.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>