HTML representation of 'less than or equal to' - not cross-platform?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Oct 31 15:03:48 EDT 2014

On 10/31/2014 1:01 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:
>  These are represented on the regular Mac keyboard as option-comma and option-period, but these codes are not the same on the PC. Hence my need to use html, since these characters are part of the standard html repertoire.

See the isoToMac and macToIso functions in the dictionary. High ASCII
characters (byte 128-255) differ between platforms. The htmText property
of a field will not do a character conversion of these for you.

Unfortunately, if your text contains high ASCII characters you need to
know what platform it was generated on to use or convert via the
functions above as needed.

OR you need to encode any high ASCII characters in some platform
independent format, like HTML Unicode characters such as &#nnnn;