Benchmarking 7.0 performance

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Tue Oct 28 08:28:49 EDT 2014

I don't know about benchmark on routines, but I have created a
measly 10MB file -- customer database -- and saving changes to
the file takes a full 10 seconds or more. That seems pretty slow
to me. Duplicating the file in Finder takes a fraction of a
second. Saving an edited 10MB .wav audio file takes a fraction of
a second.

Why is saving the stack so slow? This is going to be a real pain
for my data entry lady who is used to HC saving everything
automatically and invisibly....

OSX, MacBook Pro i7, 1TB internal HD.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan