how to disturb newbies

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Oct 26 13:50:20 EDT 2014

Richmond-

Sunday, October 26, 2014, 10:37:32 AM, you wrote:

> I wonder . . .

> If for the Dictionary . . .

> We don't need a system like the bug reporting system, and
> a triage nurse who weeds through the cases.

As I understand things, that's what we have now, the problem being
that it gets dealt with on a when-we-get-around-to-it basis. So unless
you have plenty of spare time and are volunteering for this, I don't
think this is a change.

I'd be more in favor of a wikipedia-sort of thing where anyone can
edit entries (after logging in a la the web forum) and thus we arrive
at a community-driven truthiness result, rather than something handed
down from a cabal that decides what notes are worthy of inclusion.

But that's just me.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.