Sort cards doesn't work in 7.0 -- troubleshooting bears fruit

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Sat Oct 25 15:33:30 EDT 2014

On Oct 25, 2014, at 12:13 PM, Timothy Miller <gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com> wrote:

> Card 1 of this stack is an index card. A pair of buttons appear on the card 1, along with other stuff. “Sort cards by name” and “Sort cards by intake date.” Their function is obvious. I just realized than neither sort command works.
>
> sort cards numeric by field  “intakeSecs"
>
> -and-
>
> sort cards text by bg field "patient name”
>
> Fields “intakeSecs" and “patient name” appear on every card in the stack, except card 1, where these buttons are located.

I tried pasting fields “intakeSecs" and “patient name” onto card 1. The following odd result occurred,

--sort cards numeric by field  “intakeSecs”

Now works from card 1.

—sort cards text by bg field "patient name”

Still doesn’t work from card 1. I checked pretty carefully. The name of field "patient name" is spelled correctly, and the properties of the two fields are identical.

Wheels within wheels.

Tim Miller