Sort cards doesn't work in 7.0

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Oct 25 15:06:16 EDT 2014

Mark Wieder wrote:
> I'm with Richard on this - I've never tried to sort cards numeric, and
> I'm not even sure what I would expect if I tried it. What does or
> doesn't work now, and what was the result previously? Does/did that
> sort numerically on the names of the cards or the numbers of the
> cards? Or something else?

I just tried this in v7 and this statement:

       sort cards numeric by field "intakeSecs"

...works as expected, sorting the cards within the stack by the numeric
value in the specified field.

In fact, it seems to be a pretty smart sort, in which it will
numerically sort all numeric values - even ignoring space characters -
and non-numeric values are sorted alphabetically while preserving the
numeric sort where it can (e.g. 11 sorts after 4).

And weirder still, this behavior seems consistent in both 6.7 and 7.0.

Tim, any chance you may have NULLs or other oddities in the data?  When
you test across versions, is it with the same data?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems