sendmail through On-Rev server

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 10:05:28 EDT 2014

I used sendmail on diesel a couple weeks ago. It was SLOW, but it worked.
 (I set up a stack here to post 61 sets of email data to an on-rev script,
one at a time, with small delay between, and the server would hit sendmail
to send em out.)  Kinda sounds like diesel either has a hardware problem,
or something isn't releasing memory. If you tried a bunch of times
previously, and the shell call to sendmail hung its possible that there are
a bunch of zombie processes that have consumed the available memory.
 (might set a small script that runs ps to see whats running from your
account, though don't remember off the top of my head what switches to
pass.. THink -ef might work)