Possible bug in LC6.7 - maybe one for Mark Schonewille?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Oct 25 09:26:49 EDT 2014

In a desktop app (Mac and Windows - currently testing the Mac version) I’m using a button (actually a group acting as a button) designed by Mark Schonewille which does nice things with shading. This has been working for a long time, ever since it was announced by Mark. Now in LC 6.7, I get a compile error in a setProp handler in the group (in fact in several groups with the same script). Part of a case statement looks like this

…
	lock messages
         set the status["disabled"] of me to not theBool
         set the status["hilite"] of me to false
         unlock messages
…

The IDE reports

>  compiling at 2:58:22 PM
> Type	Expression: bad factor
> Object	ClearAllGroup
> Line	set the status["disabled"] of me to not theBool
> Hint	[

There is no hint. As it would seem to be a syntax failure, maybe some new reserved word is getting in the way - but this is just a guess.

I have not yet been able to isolate this to confirm and then report it as a bug. Mark, if you're around, do you understand what's happening? I quite understand if you haven't got time to look at it, but I thought I'd ask before trying to go deeper into the issue.

TIA