sendmail through On-Rev server

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Sat Oct 25 00:00:09 EDT 2014

After several hours of frustration, searching and trying, then more searching and trying I've finally come to the conclusion that sendmail is not working on Diesel.

I have already tried the LiveCode lesson, the files from splash21 and troz.net along with an amended version from the forums. I did have this working fine a couple of years ago, so I resurrected some old files and tried them, still no joy.

After the last couple of attempts I finally saw this error:
/usr/sbin/sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory

I'm pretty sure I can't do anything to fix a memory allocation error, so the ball is back in RR's court, hopefully DW can figure this out if he ever gets some spare time, I have informed RR, but I know the On-Rev servers are not high on their priority list, so I don't expect a quick fix.

So, in the meantime, does anybody else have any useful tricks for sending an email from a server? Preferably ones that don't use sendmail or the Linux mail command (that doesn't work also).

TIA

Paul