FTP vs MYSQL for storing splash stack loading

Schaubeck jschaubeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:54:18 EDT 2014

I use Hostgator's hosted FTP server.  I'm not a server guru but I'm thinking I would have to have control over the server in order to do that sort of thing.  If not, can you provide any knowledge on how I can do that?

I suppose I could get my own FTP server up and running but I would like to explore a database solution if it is possible

Thank you for your response!

  jim schaubeck              jimschaubeck at yahoo.com              714.321.4499

---- On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:50:31 -0700 Simon Smith <hello at simonsmith.co> wrote ----

You could possibly change the ftp port to something that is not blocked.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Jim Schaubeck <jschaubeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
> Our franchisor recently started blocking port 21 in our stores so I can no
> longer FTP the most recent stacks to the computers in our stores.
>
> They will not block other ports so I wanted to know if there was a way to
> use MYSQL db to download stacks vs FTP
>
> Thank you!
>

> --

*Simon Smith*
*seo, online marketing, web development*

w. http://www.simonsmith.co
m. +27 83 306 7862