setting a behavior with out using an ID

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 23 14:45:54 EDT 2014

Todd Geist wrote:
 > Now why do I avoid IDs?  The answer is version control.  If you
 > use lcCVS that ID is probably not going to be the same when you
 > reconstitute the file.

The LiveCode engine was enhanced several versions ago to allow IDs to be
set, specifically to support the creation of such version control systems.

If you're seeing ID numbers change when a stack is reconstructed in
lcCVS it's either a bug in LiveCode or lcCVS and should be reported so
it can be addressed.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems