handling push notifications

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 16 22:11:29 EDT 2014

Try it.  That's my observation.  So, what I do, instead, is instead of
sending the payload (which has to be short, anyhow), is have the app
recognize that it's gotten a push notification, then hit my server to find
out why.  The message you send is for the user, anyway.  The payload has to
be small, unfortunately, so either you have to send many messages to get
the entire payload (and Apple specifically states that they do not
guarantee delivery or the order of delivery), or you have to hit your
server, anyway.