3 questions about your coding habits

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Oct 16 12:08:34 EDT 2014

 1. I keep stacks on the server.
 2. My main dev platform is Windows.
 3. I create Android apps on Windows.
 4. I do text/DB/other processing on Windows using stacks/files on server.
 5. I use the Mac for:
	A. Build iOS apps.
 	B. iOS simulator.
 	C. Move apps to physical Apple devices.
 6. The Mac does not always correctly refresh smb shares. There is no "F5"
on a Mac to refresh files. SMB on Mac flakey and scares me.
 7. Always run with admin privs.
 8. I Point the "User Extensions" on both platforms to a share on the
server.
 9. I put my library of commands/functions in library stacks on the server.
I segregate them into stacks by class.
10. The most annoying thing is that when switching platforms one has to
reset the standalone destination folder every time. Creating a .app to an
smb share does not work.
11. I do my own version control. I put a -000n suffix at the end of stack
files. I increment it several times a day. I always increment it at the
start of a day even if there were no changes.
12. I save, save, save. My auto-save is constant Ctrl S's.
13. All file references are relative to the stack path. I never refer to an
asset outside of the stack path. (except for mobile device)
14. I locate stacks by Customer/Project

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services