3 questions about your coding habits

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 00:48:28 EDT 2014

I am just like Jerry, home,Desktop,OSX

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Jensen <jhj at jhj.com>
To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 15, 2014 11:28 pm
Subject: Re: 3 questions about your coding habits

1: Home/Desktop
2: & 3: OSX only
.Jerry

On Oct 15, 2014, at 8:22 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> 1. When you're working on stack files, do you always keep them somewhere in
your Home folder, or run with admin privileges and keep them somewhere else
(e.g. Applications)?

> 2. Do you regularly switch among different OSes, and if so how do you sync
your files (drag-and-drop, rsync, OwnCloud, or something else), or do you bypass
syncing altogether by mounting a shared volume?

> 3. If you do sync among multiple OSes, do you maintain the same paths to your
stack files on each system relative to your home folder?
> e.g.
> Mac:
> /Users/rg/SomeProject/MyStack.livecode
> Linux:
> /home/rg/SomeProject/MyStack.livecode
>
> If the latter, then specialFolderPath("home") works as a way of storing
relative paths for multi-OS workflows in a tool I'm working on....

preferences: