Regex wildcard in XML Query

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 09:53:57 EDT 2014

I think I may have given the wrong phrasing... I would say I would like to
be able to XML queries similar to what can be done by Regex (but not use
regex to do the actual query).

Basically, I have found several references where XML language supports it's
own style of "regex" like commands.

Since my initial posting I have found a working solution for my initial
problem but I have not been able to expand on it .

Simply by changing the line

<q xsi:type="xsd:string">IGD.NetDevice.1.NetCommonInterfaceConfig.</q>

<q xsi:type="xsd:*pattern*">\.NetCommonInterfaceConfig.</q>

gives my the results I was looking for. But I still would like to go
further and be able to do a wildcard in the full string and get the same
results just because I would then be able to apply the syntax to future
problems that are not as simple as my first one.