Getting a version number

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 13 16:09:00 EDT 2014

On OS X use mdls -name kMDItemVersion /Applications/<your full app name> (if you are using Spotlight to index files, which unless you have explicitly disabled the feature, you are).

On Windows it looks like you need to install add-on software. There may be a javascript command that will work, which you can run from the shell, but frankly I got all this from a google search, which you can easily do yourself.

I wish I knew more about command line syntax… WAIT WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING???

Bob S