lock screen question and detect field question

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Sun Oct 12 22:05:31 EDT 2014

Hello,

2 questions this time:

1) I have a program where I'm creating and deleting fields.  If I try to delete a field that hasn't yet been created, I get a script error.  So is there a way to first find out if the field exists?
Something like:

if field "myField01" exists then
  do stuff
end if

2) Other than creating a substack to overlay my main stack with a "Loading" field that adds a period after "Loading......" is there a way to lock the screen (so the user doesn't see the fields being created) and still show a field with the "Loading..." going on?
Like:

on createMyFields
lock screen
create the fields
update the "Loading....." field with a new period  -- AND DON'T LOCK THIS VIEW FROM BEING UPDATED
unlock screen
end createMyFields

Thanks,
Larry