AW: AW: Codesigning standalones for Mac OS 10.9.5

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Oct 10 13:30:02 EDT 2014

On 10/10/2014, 10:33 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> I never got any answer, what a manifest file is.

It's just a plist file that stores information about the app, like its
name, version number, compatible files, icon resources, things like
that. Finder uses plists to determine what documents an app can open and
what icon to display, among other things. This info used to be stored in
the app's resource fork back in OS 9, but when resource forks were
discontinued, plists replaced that.

I'm not sure how iOS uses plists, but it must be different if it doesn't
hurt to delete them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com