Raspberry Pi and GPIO

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:21:15 EDT 2014

I am looking for some help from some of you with unix/raspberry pi experience.

I have think that I have installed 7.0 rc 1 on my raspberry pi B+ properly.   I am trying to figure out how to play with the GPIO’s.

I am am able to execute the following to set up the IO

        put shell("echo 12 > /sys/class/gpio/export") into dummy

dummy is empty,   However the next statement:

        put shell("echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio12/direction") into dummy

dummy contains the error message:

       bin/sh: cannot create /sys/class/gpio/gpio12/direction:  Directory nonexistent

When I use the terminal, I can see that the directory does exist and I am able to modify the contents to both set the IO direction and sucessfully turn the LED on and off.

Could it be that I do not have the permission to create directories and modify files from livecode?   How can I check this from livecode and fix it?  …. assuming this is in fact a permission issue.

Thanks,
   Mike