Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Oct 9 13:42:21 EDT 2014

John-

My apologies - I forgot about the weirdness of menus on osx.
My earlier response was based on linux, which has a much more reasonable
approach to UI interaction.

So here's what I see happening on osx:

1. click in the substack field
2. click on a menu item

This actually moves the focus to the main stack because the menubar is part
of the mainstack. You can see this if you examine the stack in the
Application Browser or Project Browser. But buttons (and menus by extension)
can't receive the focus, so the focus ends up being on the currrent card.
That's the first line you see.

But *now that you have put text into the result field*, it now becomes the
focused object, and the second time you try to access the focused object you
will be referring to th field. The second line reflects that fact.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com